Friday, January 18, 2013

Journal 27


The idea of leaving to another country to defend America is sort of variable idea to me. I suppose it would depend on the situation, but the United States of America is not something I feel too passionately about. I am grateful to be somewhere where everyone is free and has their rights as a citizen and human, but I also do not hold a particular place in my heart for this country. I would love to say that I would go directly into battle if they asked me and I would love to die for my country, but I honestly would not. I have a lot of respect for those who have done just that, I know a few people going into that field of work, and it really worries me. But I cannot say that this place is worth that to me. I want to leave this place as soon as I can. I am thinking New Zealand. I want to get out of here now.
But I suppose imagining something like that is terrifying. If we are talking about violent defense, then I can say that I do not see myself doing something like that. I am not much of a violent person, and fighting other humans is the last thing I want to do. I could see myself arguing a point, or protesting for a worthy cause, but I do not think I could ever go into another country with the intention of hurting or possibly killing another person. Some can for whatever cause, but not me. I could never do something like that.
I still do not understand why people think that war is going to get us anywhere. Is that new land or new policy really worth the hundreds of lives it often calls for? It is not! It never will be. I could not see that making sense. People should just take what they have unless the cause is completely life-threatening as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment