Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Journal 29


Nature is always in control. There has never been a time where nature did not control our lives. Nature just so happens to be relatively calm here on Earth. If you think about the real definition of nature, it is relatively undefined. Some people see it as just the area that we have not already used, and some people see it as everything everywhere. All animals have used the space they have to survive and even thrive. They build their shelters and find their food. We do the same thing, but when we do it, for some reason it is not considered nature.
We see everything that animals do as natural, that they can do whatever is in their instincts and it is purely part of nature. We honestly do the same thing. Just because we have society does not mean it is not the same concept. It is literally the exact same thing. We all use what we have. Humans have just progressed much more quickly than other animals. We are no better than them.
So I suppose it should be rather easy for me to describe a time when nature was in control, considering that that is all the time.
Okay, so one day, much like today, I woke up. I did not really want to do that, but I did. The sun was just coming up, and I did not feel any reason to rush myself into the shower. I had bathed relatively recently anyway, I'm a clean person. So I just brushed my teeth and did what I could before being pushed out the front door to commence my journey to the high school for jazz band.
It was difficult for me to realize that I had already made it all the way to the high school. I drove my car all the way there, yet I had not taken the time to contemplate any of my actions. I just wanted to sleep, not climb stairs...

No comments:

Post a Comment