Thursday, November 22, 2012

Journal 16 (I accidentally saved this as a draft)


When you wear something that society does not agree with, people look at you funny. Like yesterday was a good example. People from the school musical were dressed as their characters in the play. At first, people did not know why they were dressed like this, and they were questioned by all. When the others found out that they were doing this because they had to, they were more easily accepted by the rest of the school. I don't understand why society has to question everyone else's choices. We should just calm down and worry about ourselves. People make sure that they comply the other people. If everyone dressed like elves, and you showed up in normal clothes, then you would seem out of place. I wish people would just stop trying to judge other people's decisions, especially in appearance.
I feel like I would disagree with my friends if they ever criticized someone else's clothes or face or weight or anything. Luckily, those criticisms usually come from people of the female gender, and I tend to hang around with people of the male gender. I used to hang out with girls much more than guys, and I feel like my quality of life has become much higher since I separated myself from girls. I'll be around maybe one or two girls occasionally, and I'm usually with Angelea because she isn't crazy. Other girls are the people who judge others and make people feel terrible about themselves. I never want to bee like that. I try so hard to sty away from that type of thinking, and I wish no one ever did. I used to be that way, constantly judging people in my head. One day a realized that no one truly likes people who do that. I wanted to be nice to everyone and make people happy, not upset with themselves. I now prefer to be  better person than other girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment