Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Journal 41


I think a hero is someone who saves someone else. It doesn't really matter what they save that person from. I felt like a hero yesterday. I saved a little mouse from one of those sticky traps. I saved him/her. I felt so good about myself. I don't really think a hero has to be your typical Cher song hero. I think a hero can be the scrawniest person ever. They don't have to be fast or strong or whatever, they could just be someone who listens or actually cares about you. They don't have to physically save you either, they could even save you from yourself. It just depends on what the person needs help with. Like if someone was struggling with something as minuscule as a homework problem and a friend takes their time to help you out. I feel like that is a small heroic action, that friend is saving the other friend from stress and confusion. That stress could have added up onto other things and cause a lot of trouble. It's things like that that make a real hero. It's the little things in life that deserve more appreciation that they get.
People don't really realize that it everyone suffers differently. I think it is sort of ridiculous that some people judge others based on their struggles and the outcomes of those struggles. You really do not know what someone could be going through, so you have to be that hero sometimes and even just ask what is going on. Sometimes just asking a simple question is enough to help someone out. I just sort of wish everyone was more helpful to one another. We never really know what it is like to be someone else, we don't know what everyone else is adapted to. Some people could be used to a lot more pain than you could even imagine, but you would never know that, would you?

Also, I just want to add that I really feel like I should be wearing a seatbelt right now while I sit in class today. I have no idea why, I just wanted to add that for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment