Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fahrenheit 451 - General Opinion

Fahrenheit 451 was my favorite book of the reading list for this summer.  From the writing style to the themes, from the characters to the symbols, it was definitely the book that made the most sense to me.  Everything fit together extremely well, in my opinion.  Overall, I think the thing that made the book for me was Clarisse and how much I can relate to everything she said and did.  I feel as though if I were to be put into that same situation, I would have acted exactly how she did in every scenario.  This book was so awesome to me because of her.  
My favorite part of the book was when Montag first met Clarisse.  It was almost as if he has this wall built and she just completely broke it down right then and there.  The way she questioned him and why things were happening around them struck him, and he actually listened to her (Bradbury 32).  I loved that about her, and I was automatically able to relate to her right then and there.  I even found myself reading on just to read more about Montag's experiences with her, as if the book revolved around her instead of him.  The fact that Bradbury was actually able to come up with such amazing character made my respect for him grow even higher.  
Even without her though, the book was still pretty relatable to me.  The attention paid to small detail and the vivid descriptions create feelings in the reader that they themselves do not even realize until they take a step back to think about it.  I noticed it particularly when reading about the smile disappearing from Montag's face, and how he wanted it to go (Bradbury 12).  I thought about what was happening and realized that I genuinely felt what he was feeling for a second, and that is how you know you're reading a truly good book.  
This was a seriously great book, and I would recommend it to anyone I know.  It has such great values and lessons to teach that anyone would do good to read it.  This piece of literature deserves respect from all.  

Bradbury, Ray. Fahrenheit 451. New York: Ballantine, 1952. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment