Thursday, August 30, 2012

If I Were A Hostage


If I were a hostage, I would be very sad. That would truly be a difficult thing to deal with. But, I would not consider it to be a blessing from God, such as some Puritan authors put it in their recollections. I would make  sure that I did not thank anyone, including Jesus. Jesus putting humans and such through such horrible things is no blessing! Why would you think that, Puritan people?! You are not intelligent for thinking such things.
People who hold other people hostage are mean. I do not think that this is something that anyone could possibly enjoy. I also do not understand this journal, because how else would I react? Of course I think that it is awful, I mean there is really no other side to it. I guess I could talk about it being a blessing from a sarcastic standpoint. I would find it to be amazing if I could become a hostage to the Indians. It would be difficult, but the Lord would prevail! Praise that Lord, for I am created in his image! Hallelujah. If I were a hostage, it would not really matter because all that I really need is my faith. I could go through torture and pain, but who cares!? I love God, and that is all. I do not even need proof to know that, because my superiors told me, and I cannot really think for myself anyway.
But, all sarcasm aside, I really do have respect for these hostages from this time. If religion was what got them through with optimism, then power to them! They made it, so I offer my congratulations to them. I personally would look to the realistic positives, instead of creating my own false beliefs to keep me looking forward. I could probably never convince myself that being held hostage somewhere under the control of the Indians was a good thing. I find that difficult to imagine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment